Officially out of trash cans – thank you all for the community support!
Transform a Trash Can!
Help beautify our parks by painting a trash can, schools, camps, families, groups all are welcome! Painted trash cans will be displayed at Lake Fest on July 7, 8 & 9. then transferred to Decatur area parks.
Paint will be supplied. Trash cans will be available for pick- up the week of May 8 at the Decatur Park District Admin office (620 E. Riverside Avenue), Cans must be returned by June 26.
• Participants will be provided a metal trash barrel (primed with white paint) upon which to create their design. The barrels are approximately 3’ tall and 20” with a total
surface area of 400 square inches.
• Artists will be provided 1 quart each of primary paint colors (red, blue, yellow) to mix in order to create the colors they wish to utilize.
• Barrels must be designed vertically.
• Designs must be suitable for public viewing by all ages.
• The Decatur Park District reserves the right to not display any barrel at its discretion if the barrel is deemed not suitable for public viewing.
• Please note that the barrels will serve as trash cans in our parks and will not last forever. Normal wear and tear will occur and the barrels will be displays as long as they are in good condition. Anticipated lifespan is 2-3 years.
Please contact Melanie at 217-422-5911 or email@example.com to reserve!
This project made possible by a grant from the Community Foundation of Macon County.