Download the Commissioner Vacancy Application
The Decatur Park Board of Commissioners welcomes the submission of applications for the unexpired 6-year term of Commissioner Jack Kenny, who will retire from the board on March 4, 2021 after 28 years of service. The unexpired term has two years remaining and ends with the election cycle of April 2023.
“We are honored that Mr. Kenny has been the longest serving Park Board Commissioner in the history of the Decatur Park District and thank him for his contributions to the agency’s advancement over nearly three decades,” stated Stacey Young, Decatur Park Board President.
The board’s goal will be to find an individual who is committed to serving the Park District, involved in the community, and representative of the diverse population it serves. Applications may be obtained at the administrative office (620 E. Riverside Ave.) or online at www.decatur-parks.org on the Public Information link.
Interested individuals should submit the following information:
- Current resume that highlights experience, education/technical training and employment history
- A statement of interest that contains:
- A summary of why you are interested in joining the Decatur Park District.
- The history of your community involvement over the last five years.
- What unique attributes and experience that you bring to the Board.
- Applicants must be a resident within Decatur Park District boundaries.
Submissions must be returned to the administrative office in a sealed envelope, attention Melanie Moore, Secretary to the Board, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. on March 19, 2021.
For more information, please call Melanie Moore at 422-5911.