Park Features/Find a Park
Decatur’s parks provide wonderful outdoor venues for picnics, family reunions, sports activities, and community events. To reserve a pavilion, please call the administrative office at 422-5911. Further information about our different pavilions can be found on our Pavilions page. Hours for Decatur Park District’s parks are dawn – 10 p.m.
Need to find the address and amenities of a particular park? View the Decatur Park District parks and features grid.
Nelson Park Lakefront Enhancement Project
The enhancement of Decatur’s lakefront area in the Nelson Park basin is expected to attract visitors to Decatur, spur economic development, and improve quality of life for all in our community. This project will integrate Nelson Park with the existing attractions located in Scovill Park (Scovill Zoo and Children’s Museum of Illinois). For detailed project information, visit the Lakeshore Landing website at www.lakeshorelanding.org. If you have questions or comments, please call Bill Clevenger, Decatur Park District Executive Director, at any time (217/422-5911).
D-Town Skate Park
D-Town Skate Park in Fairview Park has features to interest the extreme sport athlete, including half pipes, banked wedges, a one-quarter pipe, ramp with double-kinked grind rail and a rectangle grind rail. This community-based project is available for use year round, 8:00 a.m. to dusk. The facility is not supervised, and individuals use it at their own risk.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday Skateboards & Inline Skates Only
Tuesday & Thursday – Bicycles Only (No Pegs & No Mountain Bikes)
SAFETY RULES & WARNINGS
- CAUTION – Inline skating, skateboarding and bicycling are high-risk recreational activities with inherent risks of serious injury.
- The skateboarding area is unsupervised and participants skate at their own risk.
- Skaters are responsible for inspecting skate park equipment prior to use to ensure that it has not been vandalized and is safe for skating. Do not use equipment if broken or wet. Please contact the Decatur Park District if equipment is damaged.
- Proper protective equipment such as helmets, elbow pads, kneepads, etc. must be used during skating activities.
- Use of personally owned ramps, boxes or other devices is prohibited.
- Mountain bikes and persons not riding or skating are prohibited from using the skate park and/or skating structures.
- Bicycle pegs and kickstands are not allowed.
- Food, drinks, glass objects and containers are not allowed in the skating area.
- Smoking and use of tobacco are prohibited.
Skate Friendly. Skate Hard. Skate Safe.
- Watch out for smaller people
- Respect your fellow skaters
- Respect your neighbors